~♥~ About Me: DawnTreader ~♥~ Location: Sweden. ~♥~ My main blog: Beyond the Lone Islands ~♥~

~♥~Looking for more info of the kind you usually find in the sidebar? Go to the bottom of the page! ~♥~



Follow Me!

Follow Me!
Click on the image

Monday 7 June 2010

Mosaic Monday: Stone Heads

Collage_Brandqvist_stenhuvud1

Above: Stone Head – a work in progress, exhibited at a Sculpture Festival.
Below: A finished sculpture by the same artist.

Read more about them in the post Of Many Faces at my blog The Island of the Voices.
(To my regular readers who follow both blogs: Sorry if I’m getting a bit repetitious.)

2010 05 225_svart_stenhuvud

For more Monday Mosaics, visit Mary’s blog Little Red House.

6 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

good, more pictures of the stone heads! I love that bigger one where we can see the polished spot so well that it even shows the pebbly surface of the rock. The second polished head seems like he got into a fight with another head at some point and broke his nose. His eyes seem kind of crooked, as well, I remember you said the artist did all this on purpose, it's very interesting.

MadSnapper said...

I am still loving all the headshots. they are really quite incredible and you are getting such great shots of them. keep them coming.

My name is Riet said...

Such a beautiful mosaic of heads. Real wonderful art.

Wendy said...

Interesting to see the work in progress. Honestly, I wouldn't know where to start!

Bobbi Ann said...

Hi, very awesome mosaics of the Art pieces! Thanks so much for sharing these! I hope that you have a lovely new week.
Hugs...
Bobbi

Gardening in a Sandbox said...

Amazing piece of work. He is quite talented. Valerie

Followers

Awards given to DawnTreader's Picture Book



Over-the-Top Award from NPT @ The Nature..., 3 November 2009.
More info at The Island of the Voices.




'Blog of the Week' from Brett @ 365 to 42, 9 November 2009.


From Scriptor Senex @ Rambles From My Chair, 22 November 2009

About Me - DawnTreader

My photo
Västergötland, Sweden
PLEASE NOTE that this blog is no longer being updated, and comments are therefore closed.

Click on the picture to jump over to my "Island of the Voices" blog!

DawnTreader's Picture Book

For this blog, I have chosen a template that allows me to show pictures as big as possible . Some of the things you usually find in the sidebar, you will find here at the bottom of the page instead - Blog Archive, Followers etc.







My camera is a Nikon Coolpix 4600.
For basic editing of most photos and collages I use Picasa 3.
Sometimes I also experiment with some more "artistic" effects in Photoshop Elements or Paint Shop Pro.


YOU WILL ALSO FIND ME HERE:

The Island of the Voices ~♥~ Wordly Efforts ~♥~ Through My Spectrespecs ~♥~ Soaring Through The World

Powered by Blogger.