~♥~ About Me: DawnTreader ~♥~ Location: Sweden. ~♥~ My main blog: Beyond the Lone Islands ~♥~

~♥~Looking for more info of the kind you usually find in the sidebar? Go to the bottom of the page! ~♥~



Follow Me!

Follow Me!
Click on the image

Friday 6 August 2010

17th Century Church

DSCN7803-1   DSCN7834-1

 DSCN7811-1   DSCN7810-1

The old church in the museum park, with bell tower and gate. The church is from the end of the 17th century, but like all the other buildings in the museum park it is not in its original site but was moved here from somewhere else. (They are all from the local area around here though.)


 DSCN1713-1   DSCN1752-1

Last year the bell tower was being repaired, then the roof was on the ground and I was able to get a close-up photo of it! - My photo of the interior of the church is from last year, too. The church is popular for weddings and also used for other occasional church services.

DSCN7841 DSCN7842 DSCN7843

The light conditions were a bit tricky this day, very sharp contrasts between light and shadow. Almost for the first time, I experimented a little with manual setting of exposure… Hmmm. I shall have to practice this a bit more, I think!

The “thing” you see out on the lawn there is a gate which is part of an outdoors art exhibition this summer – Gates, the Dream of the Secret Garden. These are not old gates, but new ones, made especially for the exhibition. I intend to show more of those next week (also at Soaring Through the World, where Fences and Gates is the theme for next week).

DSCN7807-1

7 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

These are wonderful pictures! I cannot tell that you even had trouble with the contrast. The inside of the church is amazing. But the bell!! When it is back on that stand, can it be rung? I've never seen a bell like it, layers and layers, it looks like wood? But then that can't be. Or is it more like a wood sculpture of a bell, but it can't be rung? this post is just full of wonderful things to look at

ADRIAN said...

The interior shots are beautiful.

Unknown said...

What a fantastic looking church, most unusual.

DawnTreader said...

Ginny, what you see is not actually the bell, but the roof of the bell tower, which is indeed made of wood. The bell itself is not, of course, and I assume it can be rung.

MadSnapper said...

they are wonderful photos monica. I like that gate, all the shots of it, very different, nothing like that here. wish i could see them with you. thanks for letting us walk with you on your walkabouts.

J_on_tour said...

What an amazing church and to think it had been moved from somewhere else.
I think I would have the same problem taking the view looking out of the gate, it was nice that you put all three pictures on. Nice page.

Dan Felstead said...

Dawn Treader...your "experiment" with exposure caught my eye! That is a key ingredient in the HDR process that I use. If your camera does the manual exposure...light, medium , dark...you could try HDR...it would open up a whole new world for you photographically.

Dan

Followers

Awards given to DawnTreader's Picture Book



Over-the-Top Award from NPT @ The Nature..., 3 November 2009.
More info at The Island of the Voices.




'Blog of the Week' from Brett @ 365 to 42, 9 November 2009.


From Scriptor Senex @ Rambles From My Chair, 22 November 2009

About Me - DawnTreader

My photo
Västergötland, Sweden
PLEASE NOTE that this blog is no longer being updated, and comments are therefore closed.

Click on the picture to jump over to my "Island of the Voices" blog!

DawnTreader's Picture Book

For this blog, I have chosen a template that allows me to show pictures as big as possible . Some of the things you usually find in the sidebar, you will find here at the bottom of the page instead - Blog Archive, Followers etc.







My camera is a Nikon Coolpix 4600.
For basic editing of most photos and collages I use Picasa 3.
Sometimes I also experiment with some more "artistic" effects in Photoshop Elements or Paint Shop Pro.


YOU WILL ALSO FIND ME HERE:

The Island of the Voices ~♥~ Wordly Efforts ~♥~ Through My Spectrespecs ~♥~ Soaring Through The World

Powered by Blogger.