~♥~ About Me: DawnTreader ~♥~ Location: Sweden. ~♥~ My main blog: Beyond the Lone Islands ~♥~

~♥~Looking for more info of the kind you usually find in the sidebar? Go to the bottom of the page! ~♥~



Follow Me!

Follow Me!
Click on the image

Wednesday 18 August 2010

The Garden, At Last

2009-08-02 garden fence

The Garden in the Museum park, surrounded by a traditional wooden fence.

2010 08 01 Fence

2009-08-02 garden waterfall and pool

An artificial waterfall runs down the hill from the park to a lake below.
On the right a piece from last years open air exhibition – a “pool of tears”
(made from broken glass) hidden among the trees in the Garden.

2010 08 01 Ramnasjön waterfall lake

“Now the Lord God had planted a garden in the east, in Eden, and there he put the man he had formed. --- A river watering the garden flowed from Eden, and from there it divided…”
~Genesis 2:8, 10~

“Then the angel showed me the river of the water of life, as clear as crystal, flowing from the throne of God and of the Lamb down the middle of the great street of the city. On each side of the river stood the tree of life, bearing twelve crops of fruit, yielding its fruit every month. And the leaves of the tree are for the healing of the nations. No longer will there be any curse.”
~The Book of Revelation 22:1-3~

This ends my series from the outdoor exhibition Gates – The Dream of the Secret Garden.
The first post was published last Monday (9 August).

7 comments:

ADRIAN said...

A very enjoyable series it was. some very good gates and an enchanting garden.

Ginny Hartzler said...

It's wonderful!! I love all the pictures! What do the tears represent? Perhaps you could do a post on the signifigance of them?

Mersad said...

The places you visit are truly breathtaking.

MadSnapper said...

I am sorry the gate series is over, i really enjoyed the gates. but i am glad to see this garden, it is so peaceful and is my kind of place. also the gates at the top are my favorite kind of gates, no art involved just plain old working wooden gates. they have their own beauty.

DawnTreader said...

Thanks to all of you who have visited the Gates and the Garden with me :)

Ginny, about the "pool of tears" I don't know what it was supposed to represent. That one is from last year's exhibition which did not have an explicit theme, except to display modern works of art in contrast to the old buildings.

It was only when I put these collages and this post together (going back to last year's photos to find some close-ups of the garden fence and waterfall), that in my own mind I associated it with the Garden of Eden ("the Garden of all Gardens") and the Fall...

For all I know though, they might just have put it within the garden because being surrounded by a fence, that was the safest place to display a work of art consisting of broken glass...! (You wouldn't want little kids running around in it, or picking up bits of it.)

There is a pool of tears in Alice in Wonderland, too (the book) - it's even a chapter title.

I might re-use the collage if one day I should feel in the mood to write a tearful post...

dianne said...

Many beautiful vistas of a wonderful garden, thanks for sharing them with us. xoxo ♡

Kate said...

Thank you! What lovely stylish gates - wonderful, minimalistic designs.

Followers

Awards given to DawnTreader's Picture Book



Over-the-Top Award from NPT @ The Nature..., 3 November 2009.
More info at The Island of the Voices.




'Blog of the Week' from Brett @ 365 to 42, 9 November 2009.


From Scriptor Senex @ Rambles From My Chair, 22 November 2009

About Me - DawnTreader

My photo
Västergötland, Sweden
PLEASE NOTE that this blog is no longer being updated, and comments are therefore closed.

Click on the picture to jump over to my "Island of the Voices" blog!

DawnTreader's Picture Book

For this blog, I have chosen a template that allows me to show pictures as big as possible . Some of the things you usually find in the sidebar, you will find here at the bottom of the page instead - Blog Archive, Followers etc.







My camera is a Nikon Coolpix 4600.
For basic editing of most photos and collages I use Picasa 3.
Sometimes I also experiment with some more "artistic" effects in Photoshop Elements or Paint Shop Pro.


YOU WILL ALSO FIND ME HERE:

The Island of the Voices ~♥~ Wordly Efforts ~♥~ Through My Spectrespecs ~♥~ Soaring Through The World

Powered by Blogger.